How to Run an Inbound Marketing Campaign
Do you ever feel like you have 50 tabs open on your desktop (and in your brain) at all times? You’re not alone. Life is B-U-S-Y, people are maxed out and we’re all on information overload. If we want our messages to not only cut through the chaos, but actually stick, we need to identify any cracks that will make people fall right out of our carefully-curated funnel.
Before you step up to the proverbial plate on your next campaign, take a run through this inbound marketing campaign checklist.
- Identify your campaign audience. Who are we talking to here? Understand your buyer persona before launching into a campaign, so you can address them intentionally.
- Set your goals + benchmarks. Having SMART goals can help you be sure that you’ll have tangible results to share with the world (or your boss) at the end of your campaign.
- Create your offer(s) + landing pages. Don’t forget to optimize your landing page for SEO, have a clear value proposition and call to action (usually a form for the user to complete).
- Plan + build your automation + nurturing flows. Your campaign doesn’t end when leads convert on your landing page. Plan and build your follow-up campaigns to further nurture leads on their journey.
- Write a blog post. Your campaign is awesome – don’t hide it from the world. Use your blog post as an opportunity to introduce readers to the valuable content they’ll find in your offer.
- Share it on social media. Promote your blog post and offer through social media to drive traffic into the top of your funnel.
- Add in long tail keywords. Make sure your campaign is SEO friendly – that way, interested prospects will find your campaign long after you stop actively promoting it.
- Consider paid search and other channels. Other channels can be a part of your inbound campaign, too – just be sure that you are measuring the effectiveness of these channels.
- Track your URLs. Where is your traffic coming from, and how are visitors finding you? Tracking URLs can help. Never stop learning, people.
- Report your results. Hard work shouldn’t go unmeasured. You set goals at the very beginning; now it’s time to celebrate your success. Demonstrate the value of your department, or one (wo)man show, by organizing and sharing numbers at the end of the campaign.
Whew, we love a good checklist. Whether inbound our outbound, we’re bound to help you get results. If you need to deepen your creative bench, we can do more than pinch hit. Let’s talk about adding a creative partner to your team.